arrow_upward
half-life 3
[Image: 1594385599743.jpg]

How big would this game be if it was ever actually released? Would it be the biggest game of all time due to the years of hype, or is the popularity of this game greatly exaggerated on fringe gaming communities? I didn't follow half life alyx very closely so I don't know how it resonated with normies, but I feel like IRL half-life isn't very popular. Also do you think the game would ever be able to live up to the hype, or will everyone be disappointed with the final product even if it's a good game? Is it ever actually going to release?

[+] 1 user Likes mikevazovski34's post
Apparently it was cancelled years before Alyx. Heard that recent

I think it wouldn't be as big as people think. It's been years since the last mainl-line half life game and enough people have gotten to the end of 2 ep 2 that it keeps coming up, but people need to remember it was aPC-first series in a world that is now dominated by consoles, and I don't think Valve want to push enough marketing to make it the huge spectacle it could have been if it launched at the same time as say Portal 2

I think Alyx helped them get their feet wet with the series again, and hopefully has tempered the hype of fans so that people won't expect something impossible. It'll be huge for sure, though.

Just played Black mesa! Really impressed and it brought back memories!

[+] 1 user Likes No_Morning_740's post
As long as it was a legit full game I'd be happy. Hell, i would update my pc just to play it. Original half-life, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic and Day of Defeat were my go to games.