arrow_upward
Worth getting a Nintendo Switch still?
Anyone think its worth getting a switch still or would it be wiser to wait for Nintendo's next console? 

And if getting a switch is still good, what games would you recommend? 

The last console I had was a GameCube.

I feel like it's still worth it. Especially right now since it's only $300 for the holidays. If you're waiting for the next Nintendo console, it's rumored to be a Switch 2 or a Pro version. So either way, it's just a matter of deciding between a regular Switch or an upgraded Switch really (for Nintendo at least)

I have xbox, gaming pc and nintendo Wink I still play nintendo when I am tired after work on the couch and just resting.
The two game that proofed for me that nintendo is useful are = Dead Cells and Hades.

I got my switch about one year ago and while I only bought a few games I still don't regret it. Just 2 weeks ago I got myself ringfit adventure, which is actually really good at keeping you fit and motivated for workouts.
Apart from that I mostly run the classics, like smash and Mario Kart, which are especially nice to play with some friends over when you're drinking.

In my eyes it's definitely still worth it and I'd say if you have the money, go for it.

IMHO not really unless you plan on getting more party games after COVID. I rarely use my Switch as I'd rather just game on my PC... There aren't many interesting titles to me and Nintendo kinda sucks as a company which makes it hard for me to support their products.

If you have a pc, you can play switch games on emulators. 

So that is an alternative.

I’d say get one, worst case scenario you just sell it if you don’t like it because there will always be a demand for them especially at the minute

I know people that have been waiting for a Switch "Ultimate" or Switch "Pro" for a while now, but I think it's solid enough as is to just grab right now.

I would wait for the next console. If the next console might bee something completely different (what you might not want),
you can still buy switch. and it will drop in price.

keep playing gamecube games, I like them more then most sequels on the switch.

I guess nintendo takes around 5 years to make a completely new console (not talking about pro-versions)
so you'd have to still wait 2 years, that is much :/
maybe try to get a second hand switch.

My personal rule: If I don't know concrete games I'd like to play on a new console, there's no reason to buy it in that moment.