arrow_upward
Workout tips for beginners.
It's my first time to try a gym and I have no experience with the things that happen there, such as the proper way to lose weight or gain muscle, what should I prioritize first. So I want to know what your tips are, anything is much appreciated.

#1 rule is you're there for yourself and no one else. Don't mind other people – do what's most comfortable and most effective for your fitness level.

That being said, a great place to start is with a push/pull/legs split, wherein you have one day of push exercies (e.g. pushups), then pull exercises (e.g. pullups), then leg exercises (e.g. squats and/or deadlifts).

also very important to keep your heart fit, so do some cardio like running or biking; nothing crazy, just enough to work up a sweat and get the blood pumping.

Godspeed

[+] 1 user Likes cybercafecounterstrike's post
If you are new to going to the gym and working out, ask around for tips. Most gym goers are pretty nice and open to given suggestions and tips. Just keep in mind that what a gym rat can lift will be vastly different than what you can lift.

I would recommend starting easy. Use machines instead of free weights. You will have more stability. Don't go crazy to start with. Be patient, it takes time to lose weight and build muscle. Also, nutrition plays a big role in your weight loss journey.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

[+] 1 user Likes Matthew Yorks's post