arrow_upward
Will humanity move past religion?
In current modern state of humanity it's safe to say that some of us has found a way to replace religion as an important aspect in lives with modern thinking. My question is, will all humanity move way past religion and be in a much more modern society than ours now?

I don't know but sometimes humans needs faith.

Unlikely, there are a lot of people who just like to follow out there --- & a lot of people who want to take advantage of that. :/

Religion was a way to keep people under control in past times. It will still remain, but will likely lose following over time.

What is religion? Faith in some deity existence? Or is this belief just a segment of how human behaviour manifests itself? I'd hardly believe trust/faith in something not empirically provable will fade away someday, which is in my opinion the root of religion.

Not really. People will always try to answer questions with hypotheses that make them feel good rather than hypotheses that are logical answers to questions, and some of those hypotheses will spread to others. The problem is that the questions that are unsolved are changing every day. Once upon a time, we didn't know the shape of the Earth. Once upon a time, we didn't know whether the Earth went around the sun or the sun went around the Earth. Once upon a time, we didn't know what anything around us was made of. Today we know what happens when humans are born and what happens when they die, and much of the world is still in the process of adjusting to that knowledge, many claiming we don't really know.

I think humanity has already made progress in moving past religion. I think religion plays more of a cultural and community role in modern times. People congregate and build communities around similarities such as religion.

Humanity will always require religion, or faith as without it human beings simply lose focus, I mean even in supposedly Atheist nation's they still had religion, their god was who ever was running the nation, and whoever threatened to put them in the gulag for not singing praises of the glorious leader.

[+] 1 user Likes Wrangler's post