arrow_upward
What's your favorite Final Fantasy game and why?
I've only played through Final Fantasy XV and partway through the original Final Fantasy VII (planning on eventually playing Remake even though I've seen it played on Twitch). I've been wanting to start playing the other entries but I figured I'd make a post and see what's everybody's opinions on their favorites!

FFX and FFX-2 are great. FFXIII and FFXIII where also nice to play, but i prefered 10, mostly out of nostalgia and the full control you have over all Characters.

I really like X and IV. Both are fairly solid starting points for the series, and the characters are deep & complicated. If you liked XV I would try to get VII Remake as it's 50% off right now.

Final Fantasy VII and Tactics. I kept hoping for a Final Fantasy Tactics II (maybe a sequel), but they released Tactics Advance (I and II) years later which where okay, but the story was too shallow.

I see FFX still has a lot of love haha. Man I remember seeing commercials for FFX and thinking it looked pretty, and seeing commercials for FFX-2 and thinking damn those girls look pretty....

Would anybody recommend the HD remaster for those games?

Final Fantasy 14 has been my go to for literally years now.
A great story, even though its an MMORPG, the story matches wits with any of its single player counterparts.

For single player - Final Fantasy X was my favorite.
Fast paced combat, great storyline, rewarding characters.