arrow_upward
What's the controversy with the RTX 3080s?
People said they weren't as advertised or something? I was planning to buy one but idk now.

There are multiple things happening with the 30 series right now. The main thing is that the numbers shown on the nvidia website are the best case scenario, that is with RTX on specific games. The performance jump is still pretty good, but people have overhyped it. There's also this other problem with some aftermarket cards not using the correct kind of capacitors, which doesn't allow them to boost as high. In my opinion, I would rather wait for the AMD launch and see what they offer, as the stock on the 30 series is not available and the rare cards you'd find have an unbelievable high price.

I heard they'd be able to restock the cards after like two weeks? I bet the reason why they're taking this long is due to the reason for the backlash. They wanted to send the first batch, see if there's something wrong with them, and make the necessary adjustments for the second batch.

i want one so bad but they're out of stock. have to be careful which one you buy so you avoid getting the ones with bad capacitors.

Mainly the bad capacitors, manufacturers cheap out on that part which makes the card not being able to overclock. Remember that you are paying for the base clock and not the overclock. The nvidia founders edition has 2 good capacitors which is enough.