arrow_upward
What's a good way to play Skyrim with magic
I've already played skyrim a while back, but I've only played 2H heavy armor and a sneak archer. Would it be more fun to play a battle mage or a full mage? Also, should I go to Winterhold in the beginning or should I finish the main story first?

[+] 1 user Likes ILikeTrains04's post
Conjure spellblade could be useful if youre going for a full mage build. And no you should do some side questing before finishing the main quest

[+] 2 users Like bababole's post
Any of them to be honest

When I played through it, I remember running invis on one hand with a dagger in the other and tbh, it pretty much broke the game. I just got stealth kills on pretty much anything I wanted to, but it really gave me the power fantasy that I was looking for.

[+] 2 users Like gpugobrr's post
I would leave the main quest for later and do the college of winterhold, as well as find the dragon priest mask that boosts magika while reducing destruction cost. And realistically all the schools are useful so would level them all.

[+] 2 users Like Kendodo's post
Is illusion really that useful? If you're able to use mods, ordinator and apocalypse make magic way more fun. Alteration gains some amazingly unique spells outside of your ebonyfleshes and whatnot.

I've never ran it but a stealth mage could be cool. Do the bound weapons have the same base dmg as daedric? If so, bound dagger would be really cool to have.

I'm not really sure tbh. This was years ago, maybe a few weeks after Skyrim came out. It's been a long time since I've done a playthrough.

[+] 1 user Likes gpugobrr's post
Honestly, with mods. Skyrim's vanilla magic felt completely underwhelming. I'd recommend Arcanum with Ordinator perk overhaul if you're playing Skyrim on pc.