arrow_upward
What game mechanics do you hate about games?
I am an avid rpg game player, and I hate how often quests in rpgs are some variant of fetch quests.

There's a lot that can be gained from quests and whatnot that have meaning and unique dialogue instead of the same mechanics over and over to fill time.

I fking hate quick time events in rpg styled games.

[+] 1 user Likes Dollywinkslover's post
Lootbox! Especially in full priced games.

Lootboxes are AIDS especially when the progression is built around, which gives you an option buy in and progress at reasonable or fast pace or you have to put ridiculous amount of hours into the game (SW: Battlefront II pre- revolt)

I don't like first person games

Unnecessary animations. I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2 recently and there's an animation for everything looting bodies, looting chests, opening chests, closing chests and so on. It's fun the first 100 times but after that it becomes very unnecessary.
I think having to unlock weapons in multiplayer games is also stupid. An easy example would be the Battlefront games. The more people play the better cards they have for their loadouts. This puts new players at a disadvantage because they cannot use later abilities or later weapons, meaning skill doesn't really matter playtime does. If I recall correctly some guns require 400 kills and attachments require 50, 150 then 300 kills which is time consuming.