arrow_upward
Wait on 3080 or No?
So thinking about upgrading soon from the 970 (I know old card) to either a 2080 ti or the 3080. I know the 3080 is hard to find but I don't mind waiting for the stock to come back up. Just wondering which one hell even a normal 2080 would be nice to have. What do you guys think let me know

I also have a 970, but I actually don't play too many graphically intensive games on my PC anymore. A 3080 seems like a seriously good price, but I don't think I need it right now. Your situation may be different.

Yeah just wanting to play Cyberpunk and go from there. I play a few shooters but that's besides it for the most part.

I would wait and see if it'll be bundled with Cyberpunk or just wait till the super/Ti versions are released

Its really up to you, people are avoiding the RTX 20 series like the plague because they think it’s instantly obsolete from the 30 series

it is dependant on what you do mostly to be honest

absolutely wait. performance and pricing on the 3080 is way better than the Ti. Also it has new tech that is a generation ahead so if you plan on leveraging future features, you'll have that capability

I dont know what to do. Actual 3080 is nice in gaming but in rendering have to low gddr6x... but 3090 price is to much... i hope, that 3080 version with 20gb is true and i dont need to wait to much for it.

Unless you REALLY need a GPU now, just wait. Cost-benefit é MUCH higher.

That's a no brainer for me! I'll be getting a 3080 as soon as they are reliably in stock. I mean, there will probably be a Super version, but I have no regrets about buying the original 1080 over the Ti version. A 3080 from a 970 would be awesome, depending on what resolution you intend to play at?