arrow_upward
Videogames that changed your life
Greetings!
Some books, movies, songs and maybe videogames can have a deep impact on the person consuming it. Maybe they caused intense feelings, that are still with you to this day. Maybe they changed the way you think about certain things. Maybe they were a distraction in hard times. Maybe they were a big part of your childhood.
For me one of these games was Silent Hill 2. It made me cry and sob over and over again, but in a good way. I still can't listen to the title theme without crying. This game spoke to me. I felt understood... by data on a disc of plastic.
What's about you? What videogames had a huge impact on you?

original Doom and wolfenstein in MSDos, i was 7 and i got addicted to videogames since then, havent stop either.
from there Ultima series, UO, Runescape, Diablo 2 LOD, FF series, AoE, Starcraft. Warcraft. are some of the games i remember most from my high school to collage days.

Mostly mmorpg in my childhood like WoW and Blade and soul which I was kinda addicted to it for like 1 years and made a lot of money on it tho ^^

It's all started wit age of empires. After that strategy games were my thing. Medieval 2 total war was another milestone. Europa Universallis 4 did help me to get to know paradox interactive games. With strategy games i also get into rpg games. In that area dragon age origins and the witcher were the most efective ones i guess. Of course the witcher 3 and its dlcs were amazing. Pathfinder Kingmaker was another game that blow my mind.

Halo was the first game that really got me into gaming and I made some of my best friends playing that game online so definitely that one for me.

mario 64 for sure. had a lot of fun playing that game as a kid and it set my expectations for how i expected worlds in games to act. that and old dos shooters. doom, duke, blood, etc.

Minecraft easy

[+] 1 user Likes Snukkss's post
Legend of Zelda: A link to the past.

mostly RPG games, you can invest a lot of time in it to make your character stronger and stronger

[+] 2 users Like hunderlooo's post
Morrowind, Oblivion, GTA San Andreas, and more and more classics

Zelda had the most impact. Zelda 1 was just the best game of NES to me but OoT was life changing. That's sounds silly but it's true.

Idk if it changed my life daily, but I felt something for sure with Spec Ops The Line. The Walking Dead Telltale games with Clementine were good too

The Mirrors Edge series is what led to my love for parkour

[+] 1 user Likes zandatsu's post
Witcher III, an absolutely masterpiece.

Sekiro in terms of combat, change the way i view all other games
Otherwise, WoW, nothing really compares to that first time logging in

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal on the PS2 and the PC Halo demo. They were the games that got me addicted to video games.

A big gaming moment for me was zelda ocarina of time, set a new bar.

Fallout games, so much content and lore in them it distracted me from the harsh times i was going through at the time