arrow_upward
The NBA MUST change its rules on technical fouls
Dallas Mavericks vs LA Clippers Game 1 was incredibly exciting until Kristaps Porzingis got ejected for two of the weakest techs you will ever see. Being demonstrative because of a bad call should not warrant a technical foul in my opinion, and the refs have shown that they are increasingly on a power trip.

What are your thoughts?

[+] 1 user Likes 4675029's post
I thought those were two pretty weak techs, I think the rule makes sense but it didn’t quite feel right in this situation

[+] 1 user Likes Buschlite17's post
Yeah, those techs were super soft. It's the playoffs and things get intense, players should be allowed to get angry like that. And the second tech that was a double technical on Morris and Porzingis was stupid too. I get that they don't want violence, but all they did was push each other, so the refs should've just let it go. They basically gave the game to the Clippers by doing that. The Mavs won today, but they could've been up 2-0 instead of 1-1.

[+] 1 user Likes Shabamawam's post
Yep they should be up but now theyre down 2-1

Should be up 2-1 but now down 2-1

[+] 1 user Likes 4675029's post
Techs can be soft at times, but keeps a certain level of sportsmanship in the game.

To be devil's advocate, why would Kristaps keep badgering when he already had the one tech. The reason you rarely get ejected after 1 tech is because you can learn to adapt your temperament to play the game ahead.

frinck da reds