arrow_upward
Star Trek Picard
Has anyone tried the new Star Trek. Is it any good? Heard that it was going to be political and not sure if its worth the time.

not sure what you mean about "political" considering the entirety of the subject matter of the original, but I've heard that it seems kinda too much on the "episodes need to have DRAMA" of current television and less of what made TNG good, but I haven't had a chance to see any of it myself so take that with a grain of salt

nopester22 Wrote:Has anyone tried the new Star Trek. Is it any good? Heard that it was going to be political and not sure if its worth the time.

I been wondering if it was worth watching i could pull it up online but i haven't seen many good remakes or continuations of past tv series so somewhat leary of watching it.  I didnt like the new star trek series they came out with changing what klingons look like etc

Star Trek is a morality play set in space. It has always been political, but with enough distance from 'now' to make an idealistic future acceptable. A hopeful view of humanity's future, for the most part, at least until Roddenberry died.

I'm looking forward to Picard. An episode was released but I have not watched yet. It is said to focus more on developing the characters, and less on the tachyon-graviton imbalance in the dilithium crystalline matrix powering the wishalloy klazror spiznex florflor bezezelbozzer.

Morality play in space, never heard that before but I'm definitely using that

Only strong opinion I have from the first episode is that Patrick Stewart is 80 years old and they should really stop putting him in the middle of action scene explosions, it looks ridiculous when tripping over a stair at that age could kill him.

Haven't watched the previous Star Trek so don't really get a lot of the references, but loving it so far. Kind of a slow burn type of show.

Its has a really different feel then the older shows like new gen.
Feels like the universe has lost a lot of that hope and optimism it use to have for the future.
Makes it more realistic, but makes the feel not like star trel.

its a slow starter but if you push through a couple episodes it gets better.

I haven't seen the series yet, but at least you hear a lot of negative criticism from fans.