arrow_upward
Sold out 3080’s a blessing after all?
Who else is thinking they dodged a real bullet with the 3080 issues. I’d hate to be one of the scalpers holding all those defective cards.

[+] 1 user Likes This8808's post
What an absolute bummer it must be for the ones who got a brand new card for their builds, maybe even financed the new card by selling their old card, and now they don't have a working rig. It'll be interesting to see how AMD handles their stuff in the near future.

As a word of warning never buy new parts on release, always wait a few months in case they have issues. Most companies will rush out new parts and then fix them later to reach a deadline.

Waiting just sux, in a few months the cards almost always still cost the same and I see it as loosing out on some value cause I could have been enjoying it longer. This type of manufacturer fail doesn’t happen too often

If nvidia sends me an 8k monitor I'd be okay with the caps

Ha Me too. Send me something for free

we are going to be lucky to just get a replacement card after a few weeks

By the time they sort all this out I’ll want a different vc

Lol didn't know there were problems with the 3080 cards. What are the main problems?

Good thing we're out here chilling with our older graphics cards.

That’s tragic.

Some aftermarket cards used a lower grade capacitor that leads to a system crash if the card boosts high enough. It is avoidable be regulating the boost parameters but you're basically losing some performance.