arrow_upward
RPG as opposite gender
What's your opinion on  playing an rpg as the opposite gender? With cyberpunk 2077 round the corner I'm considering playing as a female, if the customisation and possible clothing options. Wondering if and why other people do it, or if you prefer to try and make yourself ingame?

Maybe they wanna see them cheeks. But most of the time it's just out of preference, especially with the amount of customization. Sometimes I wanna be a tanky paladin woman, or a gun blasting man. But usually on both characters I do try to make them look like me.

I used to always play male, for some reason I just found it weird to play as female, but I'd go for both really. I haven't had any trouble with it until monster hunter world. I know some people like to see their lady characters in skimpy clothes but dude I just want to look awesome yaknow. I can look at ladies in skimpy clothes another time, the real question is do I look badass or not?

i always make characters who are like me or fit my morality with some interesting elements, at least on first play through. if theres alot of contextual options, then i might make a really fucked up funny character to get into. In cyberpunk making a female is good if you want to see girl on girl with your waifu though.

I usually use a female character since they have more variety in clothing and general style choices. Modern games are more commonly addressing this though, by either not restricting things to genders, or just having equally fun stuff for both.