arrow_upward
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 release date
The Nvidia RTX 3090, RTX 3080 and Ampere: Here's what we know and what we expect from the next-generation GPUs.
[Image: Nvidia1-e1576521686832-920x615.jpg]
Nvidia has announced it will host a showcase on 1 September, where it is extremely likely that we’ll get our first proper look at the Nvidia Ampere graphics cards.
Nvidia founder and CEO Jensen Huang is confirmed to ‘highlight the company’s latest innovations in gaming and graphics’ during the digital event. This is almost guaranteed to be in reference to the next-gen Ampere GPUs, which were previously  tipped for an early September launch.

This announcement follows a series of teases from Nvidia GeForce‘s official twitter account, which posted a short eight-second clip of an explosion accompanied by an ‘Ultimate Countdown’ hashtag. It’s now clear that this countdown is for the official Ampere showcase.
[Image: NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3080-Ampere-Gaming-Gr...80x833.png]

[+] 1 user Likes xxidanxx's post
There goes my money again lmfao

Lol buying this asap

I have a 1080. Should I upgrade?

@firenvm that depends on what u wanna do with your setup.
Do u want 1440p 144hz then yes, do u want 1080p 144hz probably or do u want plain old 1080p 60hz then probably not.

Also depends if u wanna spend $1200+ on it (based on the 2080, we dont know the 3080's price yet) and with it probably a new CPU to handle the FPS so it doesn't bottleneck and with that CPU a new motherboard with the right chipset.
If u want it u could be looking at a $2000 minimum investment.

firenvm,
No
1080 strong enough for 1080p & 2k
Only if you switch to a computer screen 4K@144Hz

There's a 90 now? Wow

That makes two of us lmao

I wonder if its gonna be better than rtx or not, i hope so. If its gonna be just as good as 1080 was, then i'll buy it.