arrow_upward
Next Gen or new PC
I have always liked consoles but with most games and "exclusives" coming to pc should I just invest in a good gaming rig instead?
And if so, any good tips on building one (never done it before)?

It all boils down to budget.

Computer costs can range from $500-$3000 depending on what you put in it.

Generally speaking, you’ll find that PC will always have better graphics and generally be smoother than console. Not only that, you’ll have access to games that aren’t on console as well, like Starcraft.

Exclusives that are released to PC tend to take a lot longer. Example: GTA 4 took a whole year after its initial release before coming onto PC. Similar to RDR2. Horizon Zero Dawn took like 3ish years?

So if you’re not in any hurry to play exclusives when it first comes out, I think it’s worth getting a PC.

Go to pcpartpicker.com. There’s plenty of build guides to go off of! Most importantly have fun with the purchasing and building process. It’s worth it.

[+] 1 user Likes throwaway626909's post
Also depends on what ur friends have? If you want to play certain games with them that don't support crossplay, it might be worth considering getting the same (console or pc) as them.

Long run = PC since you don't have to worry about old/new gen and can play all games without the need of a remaster.

Consoles are becoming more and more like PC. Save up for a PC, you can do so much more. Make sure to do your research.

I can see cross play becoming more and more of a thing as consoles become more like PCs, so I'd go with a PC.

Buy PC it more popular and best, price for ps or xbox hight

If you're inclined to buy both, grab a pc first and the console next. The console can be bought used in good condition or there will be a "modified" version available in the future that youd want to grab new, along with many exciting titles that will already be either on sale or you can buy used.

If you want to buy only one, I'd go for a PC personally as you can always hook it up to your TV and grab 2 gamepads for some couch enjoyment.

I recommend getting a custom PC rig built by iBuyPower, a great gaming company that does custom towers. I have been able to play the most demanding games for years because their setup was so good.

Pc is way more flexible and versatile and will probally last way longer

I think it just depends on what games you want to play. Unfortunately platform-exclusive games exist like the spiderman games on playstation. I think it just depends on what games you're interested in playing and what games you aren't.

PC. Games are much cheaper, and there's always upgradability. The only thing that sucks is making friends to play with. I've done a good job of convincing everyone I know to get a PC, so good luck.

PC games are more likely moddable, which is a big plus for me.

Howerver if you consider going the Playstation route, I kind of think it's never worth, because they allways make a Pro Version later.
So if Playstation, then maybe wait for the improved version.
XBox might be similar regarding this thought.