arrow_upward
Mechanical keyboards
There are a lot of gamers, especially pros, that swear by using mechanical keyboards. They feel nice, but they're usually really loud. Do they really make a difference in competitive play for games?

Aside from aesthetic and rgb lights, they say mechanical keyboards have faster inputs because you don't really need to press the keys all the way down. They're also way more durable than the usual membrane keyboard. Most mechanical keyboards can be loud, but there are a bunch of silent or quiet ones in the market.

I've yet to use one because as far as I know, no one makes an ergonomic one with such switches. If they did however... I'd probably spend the extra money for one in the belief it would last longer. I don't play games though.

I have the logitech g910 and since I've had a mechanical one I wouldn't want to go back to a membrane keyboard.
If the sound is something that annoys you however, it might not be something for you.
Of course, the clicking itself feels a lot smoother since you get some kind of haptic feedback when the key is pushed in enough to register the input, but for me to a huge extent the sound feedback is what makes the typing and playing with it so satisfying.
If you are afraid of annoying sounds you might want to just go and try one in your local electronic store and test for yourself if you like it?

Sorry, missed one of your points; as far as competitive play goes, it should definitely not give you a noticable advantage. As I said, the clicking feedback is nice to know when you can release the button, but I sincerely doubt that this would make a huge difference whatsoever.

Sorry for double posting, no idea where the edit button is... or is there even one?

in my experience i have noticed alot of mechanical keyboards are faster and with the right switches can be extremely quiet

It also depends on which switches you get with ur mechanical keyboard. Certain switches are less loud/ respond quicker. There are a lot of choices. Personally i really love a mechanical keyboard.