arrow_upward
Let's vote: Is a hot dog a sandwich?
a hot dog would technically be a sandwich

hell nah it's different

its a specific type of sandwich but nobody would call it a sandwich

Yes it is, just because.

[+] 1 user Likes Chronobreak's post
Maybe my family and I are just oakies, but when we didn't have buns, we would use a slice of bread for our hotdogs instead. So I could see how someone would think a hotdog = a sandwich.

Words and definitions are strange things.

If going by Merriam-Webster, 1: two pieces of bread with something (such as meat, peanut butter, etc.) between them
----BUT-----
Right below that?
1a: two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between
1b: one slice of bread covered with food ( aka. An open-faced Sandwich)

So, if you could consider a bun a singular piece of bread, and a hotdog is in/on it, would it then be considered an open-faced sandwich?
More importantly, is a hot dog bun a SPLIT ROLL?

Off topic, but, I'm from California and our gas stations usually have .50c fried burritos which are usually red chili or beans and cheese.

Your comment makes me think of the time I drove through Oklahoma on a cross-country road trip and wanted a cheap bite in a pinch. I wasn't expecting much. Something savory, sure. I was completely not expecting to take a bite from a burrito just to get a mouthful of straight-up sugary barbeque sauce. I've never been more revolted in my life.

It's not hard to figure out where BBQ sauce goes and doesn't.

--------------------------
Ah, I posted the second half above as a reply to olichan12 and their BBQ sauce hot dog comment, but didn't realize it would just clip it right under my first reply.

[+] 1 user Likes CptnThrowaway0721's post