arrow_upward
Is magic: Arena worth it?
Is magic: Arena worth it? I have been playing it for a few weeks but I find that its monetization system is too greedy. I dont want to spend all this time and money to get "cards" in the game that will just become obsolete in a year or two. At least with paper magic you still have the physical cards and can then sell them or keep them  or play eternal formats with them. Is there something I am not getting with Arena? Feels like a huge rip off but I am not sure if it gets better later.

I have been playing FTP for about a year now. I only play a few times a week, but I have built up a lot of gold, cards, and wildcards just from doing the daily and weekly quests.

I think its worth it. I don't play that much, but its fun when i do. The grending is a bit slow, but if you play more than a couple times a week, should be no problem

It can be really slow and grindy, I find playing brawl is the best way to have a lot of fun while grinding for gold and gems. WOTC is super greedy with the game, I'll admit but it's still fun. Just resist the urge to ever buy gems, its never worth it.