arrow_upward
Is french Ligue 1 part of the european big five ?
Often in France we say that Ligue 1 is part of the best championship in Europe, just behind Italy. What do oy think of Ligue 1 ? Is it overrated ?

[+] 1 user Likes Bottleness478's post
Well they have PSG which really is a top team, but generally I'd say it is overrated yes since the average level is pretty low..

No take out PSG and they genuinely have nothing else to offer

[+] 1 user Likes TJWatt_90's post
No. Its been all PSG for as long as I can remember and its getting boring now. Need someone else to step up

Agree with the above. PSG have only really had their success due to the vast amounts of money they've spent in recent years. They're not even the most successful team in France. It's always clear the standard of French football whenever they are involved in the champions league. They often struggle against the top European teams

Yea, PSG's attack is terrifying. Icardi, Mbappe and Neymar. A nightmare for defenders. But they don't play up to their full potential I feel. Also, Ligue 1 is called a farmers' league for a reason too. It's because there is a lack of competitiveness. And any good players usually don't stay at their clubs too long.

agree with everyone above... ligue 1 is a one trick pony with PSG (monaco is trash again) and even then - PSG is a completely bought team that does not even perform up to expectations. They should really just change it to big 4

Ligue 1 is part of the best five, but i'll say that they are around the bottom. For me Premier is top 1 , followed by serie A and Spanish liga. Ligue 1 and bundersliga are pretty much the same , even thought Bundesliga should have more quality.

Yes they are the smallest fish in the ocean, take out PSG and they will be in the same level as Scottish league

[+] 1 user Likes Youngadex10's post
I would say the French tournament is pretty good. Even if the teams are not all as good, they know how to keep things interesting and it's not always a landslide victory, Lyon, Marseille, Lille, are also pretty enjoyable teams to follow.
That being said, I feel like the UK probably got one of my favorite soccer scene in Europe at the moment.