arrow_upward
If you have a fetish is it best to be honest about it or keep it to yourself?
Curious whether people usually divulge their fetish or keep to just themselves

Depending on the weirdness and legality of the fetish, also depending on who are you telling it about.

Be honest to yourself. You don’t need to tell anyone but don’t try to deny it. Being ashamed of something you can’t control never helps.

[+] 1 user Likes Lifeline32's post
yep keep it to yourself

What do you mean, "divulge"? To your SO? To your friends? To people you just met?

SO or GF the others wouldn’t really need to know I’d have thought lol

i personally like to keep them to myself

[+] 1 user Likes buzzbeexoxx's post
I definitely agree with Lifeline. You've gotta be honest with yourself about this stuff but it's not something that needs to be shared with everyone you know or meet. There's a time and a place for these kinds of things but you have to accept who you are and what gets you off, even if you don't indulge it any more than just fantasizing about it - which in some cases is the best thing to do.

You also have to think about the meaning of a fetish / kink and realise that, for instance, if you're a dude into dudes, that's not a fetish or a kink and you are bisexual or gay and you should embrace that and accept yourself; fuck whatever anyone else thinks. Anyone that judges others on their sexuality, gender or race isn't someone whose opinion is worth listening to anyway. If you're into BDSM or feet or something like that, those definitely come under the fetish / kink definition and that's all good, as long as everyone is consenting and it's done in a private or designated place. I'm not cool with people walking their "pets" around shopping centres on leashes; parents shouldn't have to explain that to their kids.

[+] 1 user Likes SaintSinner's post
I wouldn’t go telling everyone but also wouldn’t shy away from it

[+] 1 user Likes dzyrr's post
Depends on what the fetish is, and who you plan on telling. If it’s a reasonable fetish you think your SO may be into, go for it. If it’s something that’s getting in the way of your daily life or activities, then it may be a problem, and telling someone like a therapist may be helpful. As long as it’s a healthy fetish, I’m personally all for it depending on the circumstances.

[+] 1 user Likes Thewordfromvenus's post
Keep to self unless it’s someone ur rlly comfortable with!

[+] 1 user Likes Johnny Banger's post
If you are close with someone, sharing that sort of thing feels good. Especially if they are interested too then you have some more spice to add together.

[+] 1 user Likes eaterozombie's post
Keep it to yourself unless you know them well

[+] 1 user Likes wojak24's post
keep it to yourself until you are comfortable with someone and then suggest it

share it with your partner if you think they'd be willing to try it or if they are into it
Please like, reply, and give credits! Smile

Only become open about it when the need arises. If some folks are willing to understand it, sure.

Do be know, people WILL judge but that's a "You've got to understand" thing.

I mean I have the more minor fetish which is feet, and i've been open about it within relationships and usually don't get any weird reactions and they're cool with it and even most of them get turned onto it and make it their own kink.

It depends on who you are telling in all honesty.

I met my other half and told her I was a bit of a weirdo - she asked me why, so I told her absolutely everything I was into.
Luckily for me, she has embraced it and she now enjoys my kinks too....of course I'm realistic enough to know it could have gone the other way and she could have run off with the milkman, but I figured honesty was best if I was looking to build something a little better than a one night leg over.
Worked out well in the end for me.

[+] 1 user Likes gentlethistle's post
If I was asked about it I would probably tell them, but I feel that would only be your SO. As long as your fetish is legal I don’t think it matters how weird it is to others

[+] 1 user Likes Bob Market's post
you should be open if you have a relationship that allows you to