arrow_upward
How not to be a sore loser with friends?
I want to hear how other people deal with or got over being a sore loser when playing competitive games with friends.
I've always been bad at taking loses in games from a young age, mario kart, mario party, super smash bros.  Sometimes I dont even want to play a casual game of smash because i know I'll get knocked out within 30 seconds and ill just be watching everyone else finish the match for another 5 minutes.
Maybe it has something to do with not wanting to feel left out, or maybe its about feeling like less competent than anyone else.  I really want to work on it so I can enjoy playing with my friends. Any tips?

[+] 2 users Like larryberry's post
I’m in a similar situation. I’m always the least skillful out of my friends in the games we play, but I still have fun most of the time. Are you playing competitively with them? I think that might be the difference for me. We always play cooperative games like League of Legends. I imagine I would feel like a sore loser if we played a fighting game and I always lost to them haha. Maybe you can channel your frustration into trying to improve. When you play, try to really analyze how you’re losing and the steps you can take to change it. This approach makes you focus less on the actual aspect of losing and more on the mechanics of the game itself.

[+] 1 user Likes Juntao30's post
Smash is a very good example on how easy it is to get salty although this would apply more with random people.

I'd advise getting your skill levels up in those games so it doesn't feel as bad when you take the L.

For smash, learn the optimal character to counter your friends main character and learn from there, hell even practice agaisnt cpu lvl 9 will get you breaking a sweat.

Understand that gaming is for fun and not to take it too seriously. You don't need to play to be involved with them. Watching people play is always better.

Honestly, I was really bad in games like cod and valorant, i know this sounds like a very bland answer, but just practise, watch some youtube videos of pro players, watch gameplay on twitch to see how pros do it.

when it comes like that you have to look for the easiest character to play that can help de team with out killing stuff, like a healer or so, you can add some roll play to make things more funny, make a dance after healing some buddy, when you are healing them Sing some the Sherk intro song, or try improvise some type of joke once you are dead. like you are not dead you are tactically hearing their foot steps on the ground, if they then come an t-bag on you, you should say "hmmmm sounds close".
mostly after they blowup my ass i try to cheer on team and make jokes.

Well it’s good you recognize it, that’s the first step. It’ll take some time a patience to make it a habit but try to learn some tricks to help calm down after a loss

Well so long as you are able to enjoy playing with your friends and having fun at the same time i doubt they would judge much for a long time

I do funny commentary playing games. I memorized the name of the moves of Smash Bro.
So while I might get killed within seconds, i remained focus on the game and enjoying the action.

Just keep the commentary playful and not in a taunting/hurtful way, your friends will appreciate it.

I hate losing as well. But at the same time I'd hate for anyone playing against me to know that I'm pissed so I just wind them up instead. If it's a game I'm usually good at I just remind them how often I beat them and if it's a game I'm shit at I just wind them up by laughing and saying to them if they were actually any good they'd beat me by a bigger score like my other mates do haha.

Just don't be the type of person who smashes his own controller because you're pissed off. Those people are the worst. Like they end up losing, get pissed, smash their controller and then they realise how stupid they were when they have to spend money to buy a new one.

at the end of the day its just a game, and you shouldn't take it too seriously

You should be playing with friends in a casual setting so you should be having fun. If you're not having fun, think about why that is. are you getting too caught up about winning?

Since nobody posted this yet.

RE: How not to be a sore loser with friends?.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: How not to be a sore loser with friends?.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

I have the same problem. I tend to rage too much. I have decided to just not to play competitive games with my friends.

just remember it is a game and has no real effect on your life or how others think of u