arrow_upward
How do you open Z files?
I have both winrar and winzip but when I right+click the file I'm not given an option to unzip. Can anyone help, please?

Right click -> Open with winrar

7-zip from 7-zip.org is free, open source, and doesn't nag you to buy the full version constantly

[+] 1 user Likes lezgettit's post
(07-07-2021, 07:51 PM)lezgettit Wrote: 7-zip from 7-zip.org is free, open source, and doesn't nag you to buy the full version constantly
Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't realize unzipping the first one with winzip unzipped the rest since they had different icons and file names.

7-zip is also better program in that when I use winrar to unzip larger files, I always get an error due to a 32-bit file name extension or something, with 7-zip I get no errors at all (or it gives me there is an error but still unzips the entire file where winrar says it is corrupt and fails). I always used winrar before, now 7-zip is the top. Winzip is obsolete.

[+] 1 user Likes handofchaos's post
7 zip, as others had said. Theres really no reason to use any other unzipping software.

winrar for me

7zip is less appealing in terms of the UI inside the program but more convenient on a personal note

Right click -> Open with winrar