arrow_upward
Headphones
what is the best headphones you've tried?

[+] 1 user Likes ashwer's post
Any sony headphone

Focal headphone is the best

Oh, I can answer this one  Tongue I'm a fan of headphones, I own a lot of them myself.

First of all, headphones MUST BE EQUALIZED. TRUST ME! It makes a HUGE difference and it really brings out the best in them.

For that, you need to :
1. Install a system-wide equalizer (for Windows install

RE: Headphones.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Headphones.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.
)
2. Install one of the available EAPO GUIs (for headphones you can install

Registered Members Only

, otherwise you can install

Registered Members Only

)
3. Both of these GUIs have thousands of presets for most headphones in the market. Find your model, activate the right preset... done!
For Mega Switcher, READ THE F--ING MANUAL  Big Grin It explains everything you need to know, including Harman Presets which are the ones you want.
4. ENJOY! Smile

As for the headphones, here are my recommendations (at reasonable prices):
1. Sennheiser HD 600. A timeless legend, and one of the most natural sounding headphones you can get for a reasonable price ($250-300). If you're into voices, guitars and such, this is the way to go. Their weakness? The bass register. But that's BEFORE equalizing! Once you equalize them (with a Harman Preset), the bass register becomes great. I've managed to make my HD 600 go down to 30 Hz without any issues. Just amazing.
2. Audioquest Nighthawk / Nighthawk Carbon. You can only get these second hand, so try to find a good deal (which isn't easy, they are in high demand among connoisseurs). They are the opposite of the HD 600 : a true BEAST for bass! They just have no limits. Their weakness? Not as natural-sounding as the HD 600, to say the least. Their sound "out of the box" can be really disturbing. But here again, equalizing can save the day. Just do it, and the sound becomes amazing: close to the HD 600, not as natural-sounding, but with incredible bass. So this would be the way to go if you're into bassy stuff : electro, hip-hop, dubstep and such.

I've tried many others, but these two are my current favorites.
The Nighthawk can be used without any additional equipment. The HD 600 may require a headphone amplifier IF you intend to listen to it at high volume.

Cheers!