arrow_upward
Game's with a ton of mods like Skyrim/Oblivion?
Does anyone know of any games with a LARGE plethora of mods that make the game into something completely different like Skyrim, and Oblivion? 
Clarification: I don't mean games LIKE Skyrim/Oblivion but rather the range/caliber of mods available for the game. I know Minecraft is another widely modded game but what else is there that could be picked up, and be given another wide range of enjoyable content from the game itself and mods created for it?

Fallout new vegas and 4 have alot

[+] 1 user Likes cheetodarnell's post
Yeah as previously mentioned, FNV definitely easy to overhaul.
I dabbled in modding dragons dogma too but not as limitless as skyrim or fnv nodding.

I forgot about Dragon's Dogma. Bought it on sale last year, and it sadly sits in my steam collection. Oof. I'll take a gander at the mods for that one that are out. Any suggestions for which mods are a ton of fun to play with?

I'm currently burnt out involving Fallout at the moment so I will look up mods for FNV in the future. (Binged 76 now that they fixed some stuff) Thanks for the suggestions!

The Fallout games are the only ones I can think of. GTA games tend to have some cool mods too.

[+] 1 user Likes YeetMeatMaster's post
RIsk of rain 2 might be a decent choice

[+] 1 user Likes wingzsniper's post
I have played a ton of Risk of Rain 2 but I haven't touched any mods yet. Just when I was about to browse for some was around the time they added unlockable options which was what I was looking for in a mod; Specifically the "Select your items" instead of them being random in shops option. Haha. Is there any specific mod that comes to mind for RoR2 that you'd recommend if I were to dabble with them?

I think The Witcher 3 got to this level

[+] 1 user Likes Zerasin's post
fallout new vegas

My friend has been recommending The Witcher 3 to me since forever but I haven't played through 1, nor touched 2. He says "Skip them. 3 is worth it". Would you recommend playing through 1, and 2 first or skipping? Also would you recommend mods first play through, or is that a thing to do after I finish 3?

Nobody saying minecraft

That's because I mentioned Minecraft in my initial post as one of the games I already know has a ton of mods already. XD Speaking of Minecraft though do you, or anyone know of another survival type game with a ton of mods?

The only one I remember that had as many mods as Sky/bilivion was GTA San Andreas. Even the PS2 version.

[+] 1 user Likes darkswflower's post
Terraria, The base game have probably around 1000 items(Weapons and armor) and with mods you can easily surpass 8000 items( Without Blocks and Furniture etc) As I know Factorio also have a good amount of mods but the problem is the sprites because the type of the graphics of the game.

I don't think anything can compare to the sheer multitude of mods Oblivion/Skyrim have. It's like comparing a lake to an ocean.

And to that guy asking for RoR2 mods, I'd recommend Skills++. Allows you to upgrade a skill every 5 levels, making them strong and/or getting additional effects.

Go to the nexus game page, they got over a hundred different games to mod, mostly manual installations though