arrow_upward
Favorite Games of All Time?
What are some games that hold a special place in your heart? For me personally, it'd have to be Okami, a Zelda-like game based in Ancient Japan. The artwork in the game is absolutely stunning, the music complements the locales in the game amazingly well and brings the people and locations to life, while the gameplay is fun and the brushstroke mechanic was an entirely novel mechanic when I encountered it as a child and I haven't seen anything done like that every since. Another for me would be Return of the Obra Dinn. Fantastic detective game and the immense satisfaction as you slowly yet steadily pieced together the clues in order to determine the fate of those onboard the Obra Dinn makes it a standout game for me. It's not highly replayable but thankfully once is enough. I guess a final one to round out my top three would be Portal (both the first and second). Steam being the powerhouse that they are made these absolutely magnificent game that was always an absolute joy to play (and the addition of friends only made things even more fun). GLaDOS is still one of my favorite in-game villains to this day.

[+] 1 user Likes Singulaire's post
Crash bandicoot (Ps1)
Resident evil 4 (Ps2)
Devil may cry (Ps2,Xbox)
Metal gear (Ps1,Ps2)
Dino crisis (Ps1)
Need for speed most wanted (Ps2,Xbox)
Black (Ps2)
Medal of honor european assault (Ps2)
Midnight club 2 (Ps2)
Matrix path of neo (Ps2)
Ghost rider (Ps2)

[+] 1 user Likes Chris da PPV Hunter's post
Skyrim
Dead by Daylight (Not the best game but eazy to put a lot of hours in)
CS:GO
Firewatch (Great short story game)

And obviously there are a lot of games I like only because I played them growing up but they might not be that great honestly haha!

Witcher 3
Skyrim
Outlast

The fallout series are up there for me.
I can replay them so many times.

I also like the warriors series, but that's an every now and then game

Final Fantasy XV. Really love that.

Final Fantasy 7
Super Mario World

Final Fantasy 9 was my first real RPG i got into. Resident evil 5 was my first Co-Op based game i played. Ghos tRecon Future Soldier was first PVP game i played that i was insanely good at.

Skyrim
Fallout
CS 1.5, 1.6, CSGO
Halflife
GTA 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Diablo 1, 2
Curse of monkey island

Fallout New Vegas is my favourite, because the modding community is still make some good mod.

DotA. I am not great at it, but man, I love playing that game and all of the intricacies that go with it. Even just watching it be played is fun for me.

The KOTOR games will always hold a special place in my heart.

The elder scrolls
Witcher
GTA
Call of Duty

Dota 2 FOR THE FUCKIN WIN

There's really only 2 game franchises that really make me think they're GOAT:

1. The Mass Effect original trilogy - despite the bad ME3 ending, I still think it's one of the most memorable franchises out there. I bought and paid for ALL of the DLC, even the ME3 Multiplayer MTX. I love the story, the CHARACTERS, the writing, and the overall love and dedication Bioware had for it; I legit cried at some of the outcomes of the stories because of my choices. It's just sad they ruined it with the endings, though the Extended Cut DLC mitigated the issue somewhat. I've already played the whole trilogy from start to finish 3 times (not counting how many times I replayed each game in the series).
  2. The Witcher trilogy - I thought I was done with RPG's and gaming, but in 2017, it all changed when I started with these games. I got the 3 games on a Steam sale, and decided I needed to play everything from the beginning. Witcher 1 was weird but had a very unique atmosphere and somewhat engaging story, Witcher 2 was an improvement on all levels over the first game, and HOLY SHIT THE WITCHER 3 BLEW MY PANTS OFF, I'M NOW ON MY 3RD PLAYTHROUGH on NG+.