arrow_upward
Fads in gaming
As childish as this sounds, I wish I somehow had a career in gaming, whether it be streaming or game developing. Something that sticks out to me is just how unpredictable the gaming landscape is. For example, a couple months ago, Fall Guys was the flavor of the month. Can you imagine being those developers and having the most popular game? And now, Among Us is the new kid on the block. The crazy thing about is Among Us is actually an old game. All it took was one streamer to stream it, and it just blew up from there. You have to admire the developer for continuing to support the game for years without much of an audience. Undertale was another indie game that had a cult following. The cool thing about this one is that it's (mostly) made by one guy. As someone who had an interest in composing music, it's incredible to me that songs he made for his independent game are now popular enough to be played in orchestras internationally. That's like a dream come true.

It just makes me wonder what the next big thing will be. And I wish I were creative enough to come up with that next big thing. It would be cool to stream too, but I'm boring and nobody would watch me.

Not "the next big thing" but the cinematic AAA games have always been big and that rubs me the wrong way

Yeah Xbox is taking the indie games to a new level with gamepass. Looking forward to what comes next

Among Us makes me think about all those games out there that might be fun but we just dont know about them. Streamers have to be part of the game dev's marketing plan if you want to try and find success nowadays.

I'd rather just have original games being made rather than to only have "fad" type games being made for the sake of streamer bait

I think battle royale is a fad and I’m getting tired of it