arrow_upward
Do you enjoy wathcing sports with fake crowd noise?
As most sports are currently playing or will be played for the rest of the year behind closed doors, what are your thoughts on watching them with the fake crowd noise especially in football/soccer where you get the delayed noise of each action.

Personally, I've been accustomed to the crowd noise that when there's no noise it makes it feel like a training game and doesn't complete the atmosphere of a game. I do however enjoy some of the on field yelling that goes on, where you can hear players communicating with each other.

Would love to know your opinions.

Yeah I kinda like it with the fake noise even if it delayed.

I didnt miss the crowd with baseball or golf at all. Bball will be interesting bc fans are typically so close to the action. Football I can't even imagine no crowds.

It sounds pretty legit until you see that no one is in the stands

I don't like it but i'm not really bothered by it honestly

Ya if there are no fans then hearing the noise at least makes it feel a bit more normal

Not bothered by it either. Honestly there's too much 'dead noise' without it

It's better than no noise but I recently watched some video's from before Covid and now I do kinda miss seeing everyone go nuts in the stands when someone scores.

It’s not horrible, but I wish it were silent/miced up. I’d pay money to hear unfiltered interaction between players.

I don't mind it, as long as it's done in moderation it doesn't seem too fake. Otherwise I agree that without the crowd noise it'd seem too similar to a training game!

I think the crowd noise through the speakers is a great idea, watching a game completely silent just doesn’t feel right at all for me.

I would have loved the unique opportunity to hear the actual sounds of the game, like the players calling to their team mates or the officials giving warnings before penalizing players. It's something we don't get exposed to very much

I definitely think it would be a lot weirder to watch without any crowd noise. It would be a little spooky

Yes. Watch Bayern highlight vs Chelsea it was terrible not like what I watch live

It would have been interesting to watch them in silence, but its not bad. My MLB team's fans stand outside the gates so there is actual fan noise. Haha
Quote:

I think it’s got better recently (football) - as with anything, maybe it’s just gonna take time to properly get used to..

It can get a little gimmicky but overall I’m a fan.
Quote: