arrow_upward
Do you consider eSports as sports?
I recently had a debate with someone about whether eSports counted as sports, especially now that they are being sponsored and have their own arenas and such. For some reason, there's some stigma behind calling things that are more mental than physical sports, so what constitutes a sport for you guys, and do eSports fall under that category?

[+] 1 user Likes Bluejaycromsonmouse's post
Sure, it takes really much training to be actual professional player - just like any other sport.

I honestly cant consider esports, sports, they should still be called gaming tournaments or gaming competition, but a sport is something you play, that requires no screen or digitial device, it always rubs me the wrong way, when people say esports...

i think it is not fully a sport . thera are competitions and they make a lot of money on these tournaments. In one fortnite tournament one kide got 50000 dollars just for showing up in the competition.

No, sports require physical exertion. If eSports were sports, then chess would be considered a sport and that'd just be silly.

definitely mental and physical

Yeah, theyre still sports, just not traditional

Well it depends on how do you define sports? If it is the test of skill against other competitors, Esport is a sport. If sport is only sport if you stress your muscles, it is not a sport. But if the last one is your definition, chess and any sort of motor racing isn't a sport either. But these things are widely accepted as sports.

It's definitely a sport, it requires a lot of different kinds of skill, skills which have to be trained. When you do something as a hobby that requires skill and is competitive in nature, it's a sport.

Yeah I feel you, unless the world comes with a concrete classification for esports, I guess its just up to a person and their take on the word sports