arrow_upward
Do I need to play God of War III before God of War (PS4)? Why's he so short?
Title. I've played God of War 1 and 2 way back when. I picked up a bundled copy that even includes the other ones in between (Chain of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta) and also the 3rd one, but I just never got around to playing it. How important is it to the story for God of War (PS4)? I'm trying to decide which game to play next.

Also, anyone else notice the art direction they went with God of War (PS4)? Kratos used to be a man's man, like a Goliath among his soldiers. Just a super beefy dude that was hella big and towered over everyone. Regular adult soldiers were at most his chest height. Now 'boy' is at his chest height too? I know that he was god sized when he fought Zeus and that he returned to normal after. So am I just missing something that explains his change in height? Is it explained in the 3rd game or PS4? I know boy would look weird as a midget, but just seems inconsistent.

So, you totally don't need to play any of the previous games to get your worth out of GoW 4; I myself only really played the PSP game beforehand and the new one is in my top 5 favourite games now.

As for his size; He's actually quite a bit larger than anyone else in the game, but I don't know if he was significantly larger in the older ones. Afaik, there's been no actual changes in his size, so maybe it's just a mistake? Who knows.

In any case, highly recommend the game, and hope you enjoy it.