arrow_upward
Are game filesizes becoming too bloated?
It has become a meme that Call of Duty: Modern Warefare's filesize is absolutely massive. The update for season 5 was 50 gigs alone. The total game now requires 190 gigs of space on PlayStation 4. It eats up half an OG PS4s harddrive.

I understand that games will continue to grow in filesize in the future, but this games filesize seems excessive.

It feels like game companies ignore that millions of people have slow internet connections snd data caps.

What are your thoughts on the filesizes of modern videogames?

[+] 1 user Likes throwawaysaucez's post
personally in my opinion they are getting way too big and it’s hard to free up room like for modern warfare i need 219GB, that is far too large

i had to delete cod mw from my ps4 because it was taking too much storage it’s massive

i argee, especiialy with GTA 5 at 90 GB but then hard drives now are getting huge

is comparison with a 20+ TB HDD thats nothing

Oh most definitely I feel like its because devs are trying to cram in as much eye candy as possible to make the games look nicer which in turn make the game way larger.

They are getting very big and you'll have to start managing your hard drive to be able to download certain games

Fallout 76 feels bloated ever time another massive download is required to continue playing the game