arrow_upward
Are Indy studios going to survive now Microsoft owns everything?
Are Indy studios going to survive now Microsoft has been land grabbing major studios?  Is it going to be a similar situation to Disney with Movies?

Indie devs will remain in the status quo. Most Indie games are on computer so these buyouts will not affect them much if at all.

Microsoft is all smoke and mirrors

I really hope so.

i really dont know

i think fall guys and among us are indicators that we will see more and more indie games as people realize that we dont have to pay for best graphics or overpriced dlcs to have fun

I doubt much will change in the indiescene. Its audience are usually people who don't care about the latest big game anyway.

Mhhh ot easy to say. Maybe indi studios could be purchased but between a AAA game and the other, they can develope what they want. In this case the market is alway fresh of new titles.

Of course they will. While Microsoft owns much, the Indy market still produces products for niche groups that Microsoft (and other big companies) will never touch.

Niche products for niche markets, of course, sell less than big titles for "everybody", so they have to be made with lower costs in other to be sustainable, if not profitable. Big companies have to maintain "Brand Integrity", so all they make need to look and feel Triple-A. This makes costs go super high, then it needs to be either super monetized or as appealing as possible.

There is no space for Paper Checking simulators, Polemic stories, Heavy War stories, depressing games, and so on. Things need to be for many people, or for people who have no economic constraints.