arrow_upward
Anyone else discouraged with big games?
Feels like every big game in recent years is filled with DLC, season pass and microtransactions. Like indie games have been what I mostly play nowadays and rarely, if ever buy AAA games.

Feels like eventhough the quality of big games have increased, the overall enjoyment I get from them has really suffered. Anyone else?

Yeah I'm either getting older or big games are getting less attractive. Like I already know what I like so you don't need to sway me with shiny cosmetics and DLCs. The mainstream gaming community is also trending younger naturally, so sticking to indie/alt stuff is better for my mental health too.

Like I guess I'm outside the target age range now for the season pass/microtransaction stuff? Even though oddly now I have money when I didn't before lol

Yeah and it sucks because some games u HAVE to buy the DLC to continue like Hitman the newer one. To me, it seems like a lot of companies are starting to make free games that are similar. Then again, there are people like me that are strictly fans of COD and nothing could be a replacement. Next gen console gaming they also raised to $70

Gaming as a whole has taken i dive for me lately, with the exception of souls game and sekiro.

[+] 1 user Likes Crejaccount's post
There are plenty of amazing indie games out there!

Oh yeah definitely. Indie games are the way to go. If I do play any triple A titles then it absolutely needs to not be a moneywhoring title and/or company.

At least very few companies do away with such microtransactions and still give good DLC for affordable fee. Take a look at Ace Combat 7, for example.

Absolutely. I get way more out of these $10 games on steam made by a team of like 4 people lol

Stick to the smaller indie games

Indie games can be more fun and have more replay ability than AAA titles. Risk of Rain 2 and Hades are super dope

It really depends on the game. I've started to skip things like Assassin's Creed now. Sure, it's 'fun', but it also feels like work? I'm just spending 200+ hours clearing out the map. It doesn't feel like something I want to spend my time on, also since it means I'm sacrificing time to play other games. Best to balance it between small and big games I guess.

It’s getting harder and harder to get hyped for any new or coming games because the story or gameplay is usually bland while relaxed with amazing graphics. This and repetition in order to milk a certain type of genre.

Word. Now that I don't have much time with games,I tend to only play older games now or I purchase games that were big 5+ years ago. It just feels exhausting to hear news about triple AAA titles now.