arrow_upward
Anybody else prefer Morrowind/Oblivion over Skyrim
I feel like Bethesda's RPGs are really starting to suck nowadays, Fallout 3/4 and Skyrim just feel so bland and boring compared to older games

the settings feel super boring, the writing sucks, and there's so many freaking bugs even though these games are newer

[+] 1 user Likes hey ho hi's post
I've read that the story and setting of oblivion is a lot better so I'm going to play that soon, once I finish the dlcs for Skyrim. I think Skyrim probably suffers from being dubbed down in order to make the game more mainstream tbh

Oblivion has really cool overhaul mods too that made it really enjoyable for me

I've played through both Skyrim and then Oblivion and yeah, I feel like Oblivion has more life to it, the main story is better to me too. Haven't played Morrowind yet but I own it, gotta get around to it one of these days

cant say i played morrowind or oblivion but i have played skyrim an loved it
defo thinking about getting the previous games tho

[+] 1 user Likes DiggaBicka's post
Oh definitely, although I am a little biased towards the former 2. IMO, they each have their own ups and downs and I still play Skyrim today if it weren't for the mods.

Morrowind: Best setting/landscape/atmosphere
Oblivion: Best quests
Skyrim: Best mods

maybe I'll try Skyrim with mods

Oblivion was way better with mods so maybe I'll really like Skyrim more too

Nostalgia always made me more partial to Oblivion, but I was never able to finish Skyrim.

I feel like they just are being executed as well as they could be I mean the story idea behind Skyrim is pretty cool but they could have done a better job at it. It just doesn’t feel as good as it could be