arrow_upward
Any good open world games
I’ve been playing assassins creed odyssey but is feels extremely repetitive and boring at times. Anyone have any good open world suggestions

Gotta love the classics! Elder Scrolls and Fallout series are great. Ghoat of Taushima is amazing if you have a PS4 ?

Oh man, you gotta go with the open world pros, Rockstar!

The latest ones are:
Grand Theft Auto V
- You're a gangster/dad with anger issues/literal psychopath! Alright!
- You can, in fact, steal cars. And boats, planes, motorcyles, helicopters, jetskis, the public bus...
- The police AI is laughable, but it makes for really fun experiences of getting away with whatever you want.
- I can't speak for the story as I've had more fun in the open world
- Amazing music and hilarious talk radio stations

Red Dead Redemption 2
- You're a cowboy! Yeehaw!
- Absolutely gorgeous world. They really nail weather effects, from snowfall in the mountains, to a rainy day in town, to fog rolling in while you're in the swamps, to the sunlight filtering through windows.
- Pretty fucking good story, I don't wanna spoil anything.
- Amazing soundtrack
- Really fun world building moments - exploring really leads to interesting experiences, from hilarious to terrifying.

I will say that missions can get pretty annoying sometimes, like when they give you a specific objective and anything outside of the very specific path they want you to results in failure. But that's been like, 4 or 5 out of dozens and dozens of missions. The best missions comfortably make up for the bad ones.

Alternatively, I think the older GTAs and RDR might be on the Steam Winter Sale, but I'm not 100% sure. They're also worth checking out regardless, if you don't mind older graphics - still very good open world games.

Definitely RUNESCAPE. Have a try!

[+] 1 user Likes chan sam's post
red dead's always good man

I've almost finished my first playthrough of RDR 2. I gotta say, the guys that recommended this before I did are totally right. Main selling point for me is that it's super well-written in terms of the story and characters, especially coming from the same studio that made the GTA games.

If you're looking for something more story-based I would recommend the Mafia series. Really solid gameplay and the story is *chefs kiss*

Rockstar or Bethesda games are amazing.  RDR2 and Skyrim are some of my favorite games of all time!  Gta V and Fallout are also amazing games

[+] 1 user Likes ToriSmi10617836's post
Skyrim, Witcher Series. I've also been really getting into Genshin Impact lately. Also that reminds me of Zelda BOTW

[+] 1 user Likes snacksforeverr's post
Ghosts of Tsushima is definitely at the top of my list right now. Whole bunch of fun and the combat is a blast.

I got one no one will suggest: xenoblade chronicles X. Just beat it today actually has a super large world with 5 different areas connected with zero loading screens provided you don’t fast travel. Good combat, large mechs called skells that can fly late game or transform into vehicles. Very good rpg that has a big open world meant to be explored

i do like the new cyberpunk. besides the bugs and glitched i think it is a pretty good immersive open world experience Smile