arrow_upward
Will Ghost of Tsushima take the game of the year award?
Admittedly I am a bit biased towards this game as I got the platinum trophy. I just really liked it. That being said I can see it’s flaws, namely in enemy move sets and the stealth not being as fleshed out as I like, but I’d hardly call any of it a deal breaker. The new co-op mode may also further elevate it to new heights (or sink it if it sucks too badly). With all this in mind, the question is “will it be the GOTY for 2020?” The only other thing I can see on the list of releases this year that could match it is Cyberpunk 2077, but even that I have doubts about being as good as the hype which surrounds it. What do you guys think?

[+] 2 users Like YeetMeister11333's post
While I feel like im hugely biased for Cyberpunks success (I feel like theres no way they can fuck it up). I do believe Ghosts of Tsushima will end up being the GOTY this year considering the competition is nearly non existent, and its getting even more content soon. Also for Cyberpunk its releasing so close to the end of the year it almost feels unfair to count it. As for the Last of Us 2 im sure thats going to be some nice controversial takes on whether or not it qualifies. I think it'll win some awards but i'm sure Ghosts of Tsushima has GOTY in the bag.

[+] 1 user Likes natefield's post
Pretty sure they're gonna win it, it's very well received by the community in general, and like mentioned by the guy above, Cyberpunk 2077 would be the only real competition in terms of hype for it.

The Last of US II is definitely BTFO-ed based on the divide it caused in the community.