arrow_upward
What do you think the gaming industry desperately needs right now that we've lost?
So what genre or feature or anything that we have lost do you think needs to make a return?

For me, I would like it if we get back some of the age of empire type games but with the new standards of gaming incorporated. 

Also the Tactics style game play. Final Fantasy Tactics needs to make a return, man.

I guess in the general video game industry, the most important thing and what they lack is "Pay attention in the community". Several companies fall into this error and that is why some games only take a month or two being popular to later be forgotten.

So bad...

I feel like games don’t really have long story lines, or campaigns anymore. Game company’s give super nice graphics, rtx, and all that, but the game is only 8 hours long, with side missions

too expensive to make, so monopolies are squeezing the creative juice from the industry. Hopefully better engines/toolsets are crafted for budding studios, to give them a lift.

[+] 1 user Likes tepsi's post
Games need to focus more on being able to build a community. Playing on the same dedicated servers on games like CS 1.6 and the various Half Life mods was the most enjoyable gaming experience for me to this day.

they need to stop releasing half finished games for full price

Creativity and originality. Games nowadays are cashgrabs and clones of themselves. FIFA and NBA are big examples of this

I think the cost of making a game is too high now. before when it was cheaper and less risky you would see many small developers making AA games. because these games where cheaper to produce they were allowed to make risky design choices and while most did not result in a fantastic outcome the ones that did were absolutely amazing. games used to be made by passionate developers who made the games they wanted to play and now the games are made by the higher ups in a company who don't care about the game as long as it gives a return on their investment

me gustaria que volviera nuevas secuelas de age of empires y de tropico en cuando los de estrategias

Refined games. I dont want to buy a 60 dollar game with a 30 dollar dlc (looking at u pokemon) also, i'd prefer having a great gameplay and mechanics than have dialogue heavy games, like I dont wanna pay for 60 dollars too just to watch loads of cutscenes and less game

Hard because of the massive development costs but less predatory MTX and more focus on building a game than on the bottom line