arrow_upward
The same thing is happening to Cyberpunk 2077 what happened to no man's sky
1. Game is rushed
2. Had a lot of hype
3. It is full of bugs

Should companys stop hyping the game ?
Who is to blame, developer or publisher ?
Did you try it for "free" too ?

I wish gaming companies would look at the failures of others and learn from them. A trash release is not good for them. I was really looking forward to playing cyberpunk but now I’ll have to wait

Yeah but No Man's Sky kicked back up and as of now its a great game. Meanwhile I doubt CB 2077 will manage to do the same. Simply because core elements of the gameplay are missing.

Well it's a little different. Cyberpunk is def a product of hype, but I'd say that while they essentially lied about it being ready on lower-end consoles as well as it being poorly optimized, they didn't overpromise on much else. Worded things to their benefit? Absolutely. Promised something different than what they delivered (besides a working product that is lol)? Ehh not so much. I do think they deserve all the shit they've being given especially when it's known how awfully they crunch work their employees.

No Man's Sky on the other hand had TV interviews where Murray hardcore lied about core features. I'm glad NMS is a better game now, but goddamn was that launch a shit show. Cyberpunk's dilemma is only bigger now because this game was basically being heralded as the second coming of Jesus. The hype was its biggest advantage and its biggest detriment.

We as the consumers also need to stop overhyping games. Stop preordering so much and hit them where it matters, and hope they make a change.

Cyberpunk had some pretty big hype. i think it was the right to release it. however i do not think it was right to release it to last-gen first instead of current gen. they really need to fix that police ai and add more content over time but technically the game only crashed like one time on my computer