arrow_upward
Source code shows that Half Life 3 may ACTUALLY be coming
Members of the Half Life community have been HARD data mining code from the Source engine as Valve has pushed updates for various games, and have been finding bits of what are almost undoubtedly a new Half Life game. It's all been under the heading "HLX" (which originally was thought to be Half Life Alyx, but clearly not anymore as the game has been released for years now and this code hasn't been pushed), making references to assets such as "Environmental Suit". A voice actor on said project also posted on their portfolio they were part of a Valve project code named "Project White Sands", which appears to be the internal name they are using to keep it under wraps. As soon as these leaks started to be published by Youtubers, Valve QUICKLY scrubbed any sort of reference to half life (EV suit, monster names, asset names, etc.) from the source code, which could be some added validity to the claims. 

While it's far from a guarantee...it seems to be like some pretty solid evidence, though I may be a little biased considering this is the most hope we've had in the 20 years since HL2 came out lol. How are we feeling about it all? I know I'm certainly hopefully optimistic.