arrow_upward
Lifting advice
I want to get into better shape, any beginner routine you guys would recommend for me to put on muscle? Thanks in advance

Don't go to hard the first 3-5 times or you will be too sore for the next session. Routines are kinda dependant on how often you plan on going, if you want muscle results over just the feelgood of working out try to aim for atleast 3 times a week, 4+ is even better. With 4 days an easy split is: lower body-upper body-lower body-upper body in constant rotation. If you work out less often I would personally recommend doing full body every time with 1-2 days rest in between and if you go more often you can limit the sessions to a couple of muscle groups per day, but go harder.

If you're looking for specific exercises to start out with check out forum.bodybuilding.com. Good Luck!

Progressive overload

Push pull legs

I’m also on PPL split. There are lots of good beginner programs on Reddit. Also, Athlean-X is an indispensable resource.

Start with the major exercises, benchpress, deadlift, squats and learn how to do them properly. Then I'd recommend a progressive Push Pull Legs program, basically you "force" yourself to do add a small ammount on the first exercise of the day and if you can't do it, stay on it for a couple of times and try before you lower the weight again.

[+] 1 user Likes antithrowaway's post