arrow_upward
Gaming on laptops today.
What do you guys think about purchesing a gaming laptop and exlusively use it both for travel and for home use?

I know that years ago the problem with laptop gaming was that GPUs would come with cut down "M models" of the graphics card. But since then it seems to be that right now you can get the very same kind of graphics card for a laptop as you can for a desktop. So what are the reasons for getting a desktop?

In a desktop you can change all the parts you want easily, in a laptop you’re very limited at what the oem lets you change, and if you don’t need to take your computer with you when traveling there’s no need for a laptop tbh

Laptop is limited as Xpl0itU is saying. PC you can always upgrade the parts to continually update the system. Which is better where your upgrades are limited in a laptop and if you are okay with the performance degrading over time and having a limited lifespan then that's fine. Specially due to the trade off of portability. Desktops are just better for and investment as it can continually be updated/used and only replacing certain parts at a time.

A friend just did this not by choice really he was moving to another country and they provide accomdasion which is very small.

If you can always go for proper PC just as others have suggested you can change parts etc plus the cooling is so much better his laptop is so loud even then the temps are not great so he gets some throttling (this isn't because of selecting a poor design one its due to country he is in has temps of 40c+)

The other main point is price people go on about gaming pc being expensive which really they are not for long how they last plus usage but a laptop that matches lets say pc part for part you are paying double if not more.

Unless you have no other option always go for proper PC if not yes laptop will be ok just make sure you select the correct one for your needs and check the cooling on it some so called gaming ones have terrible cooling (other key is gaming laptops with proper cooling tend to be large)

i use laptop, keyboard, mouse

The cut down graphic cards are actually there to help the battery life, which is something you should prioritize if you have a laptop for the mobility.
If you think it's fine to almost always plug the power for a laptop, might as well buy a PC I think.

I use a laptop it’s a 2017 Razer blade 15 it’s quite nice and I can run the new COD with no issue. With any gaming laptop I recommend picking up a cooling pad for it as they tend to run very hot and can cause cpu bottlenecking.

With a laptop you're very limited to upgrading it if your ever going to upgrade it

Gaming laptops aren't ideal but better than nothing