arrow_upward
Do we get worse at games or do we just care more the older we get?
I remember playing Crash Bandicoot when I was 6 years old or something. Now I am 26 and have the remakes for PS4, but I just can't seem to finish them. I just get mad at the game after half an hour of failing to beat a time trial and lose all patience until a few days have passed, yet I remember how I used to play basically the exact same game for an entire day without losing any fun 20 years ago. Did I get shit at gaming? Did I get more impatient than I was as a child? Or do I just care more about winning?
I would love to get it finished, as I really like the game and it's fun in it's core, but to me it just seems more like a chore than a game sometimes.

Did you guys notice anything similar while getting older? If yes, what do you think is the reason for that phenomenon?

Yep, I don't have the interest/patience for playing single player games anymore. Just a part of getting older, I suppose.

[+] 1 user Likes nissyack's post
i feel that as child, we dont have any chores or responsibility, so we do not care about spending time to beat a boss or level. but as we get older, we are always reminded that we could spend our time better elsewhere, or are short on free time. so were not as patient and get more frustated

[+] 1 user Likes hardwicksans's post
Poruru aogre

We get better. But we care more, making it seem like we're worse.

[+] 1 user Likes Berweezy's post
Answering to the title question: I think yes

singleplayer games make me lonely now for some reason

Nah. It's just tilt kicking in. Drop it then play it again. Works like a charm to me

"i feel that as child, we dont have any chores or responsibility, so we do not care about spending time to beat a boss or level. but as we get older, we are always reminded that we could spend our time better elsewhere, or are short on free time. so were not as patient and get more frustated"

Absolutely get this feeling

[+] 1 user Likes rainjar's post